How are you?
Are you all excited about this weekend’s Father’s Day?!
Because I very much am! And I honestly hope that just like me you are blessed with the BEST FATHER I COULD EVER WISHED FOR! I just LOVE my dad SO-SO much! He always was and always will be my hero! Loving, supportive, strong and wise…
But… what’s every dad’s biggest weakness? (Because I think that EVERY dad has this weakness…) Dads in general don’t like to “waste” their precious time on making the best healthy food choices! Yes, I know that it’s true about my dad who is always reading some kind of an interesting book and… not thinking much about what kind of a snack he grabs when the hunger strikes. And so, totally involved with that great and informative story, he can be munching from… a bag of chips, a box of candies, or… well, anything that’s there on the shelf that looks good enough to grab.
And another trait that I think all dads have in common: they don’t care very much about all those… “chick-food” intricate delicacies. They want REAL FOOD. It has to be simple, filling and easy to grab. So that they don’t have to be fussing with it too much as their mind is wondering about something much more important…
And so after a long while of deciding between all sorts of great treats that I’d like to offer my dad for his Father’s Day I’ve finally picked the most uncomplicated, but real-deal recipe for the healthy, low-fat and low-sugar, all-natural Treats with the few speckles of chocolate chips being the only “candy” part of them. (That’s to lure Dad into thinking that he IS eating a dessert).
…And as he’ll be enjoying munching on these healthy Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookie-Dough Treats, I will be ENJOYING watching him go for something HEALTHY this time!
Because HE definitely deserves it!
- 2 cups breakfast cereal*
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 2 oz almond milk
- 3 tbsp of pure peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 oz of dark chocolate chips
- Soak the dates in the almond milk for a few hours.
- Pour the cereal in a blender and blend until it's finely ground. Add the dates with the almond milk, peanut butter and vanilla extract. Blend until everything is smooth and incorporated.
- Put the dough in a mixing bowl. Add the chocolate chips and stir the dough.
- Scoop 2 tbsp of the dough at a time and form the round balls.
- Serve to Dad and don't forget to take a few for yourself!
* I used Organic Shredded Wheat cereal; they are whole-grain and no-sugar-added
Happy Father’s Day!