The Healthy S’Mores Cake Balls are extra-chocolatty and decadently fudgy. They’re stuffed with all-natural, low-sugar Homemade Marshmallows and rolled in whole-wheat graham cracker crumbs! They’re your perfectly easy and delicious treat to bring to a potluck or to enjoy as a healthy, guilt-free dessert!Hi, friends! So… are you all excited about the upcoming Super Bowl weekend? 🙂
Uh-huh… To tell you the truth… I’ve never been very big on sports… My favorite type of a workout is dancing and I used to be always enrolled in a dancing class; but that was before I had the kiddos. (Now every minute of my time is filled with some kind of a chore!)But what’s worse… as a kid I used to actually HATE all kinds of Ball Games! That was because I was kind of awkward and shy and everyone on my team used to yell at me for constantly missing the ball.
…The last bit of it was when I finally “caught” the ball: it hit my head and made me look even more awkward… 🙁 ). Oh, well, who doesn’t have an awkward growing-up memory? 🙂But now that I’m a mom of two little boys… Guess what? I HAVE to learn up a thing or two about the Superbowl! And since my whole family IS super-excited about the upcoming weekend, I have no choice but to join in the festivities! 🙂
Healthy S’Mores Cake Balls!
Only because it is NOT suppertime just yet there won’t be any marshmallow-toasting involved! 🙂
But there will be plenty of marshmallows! …The Healthy Marshmallows, of course!To make these S’Mores Cake Balls I used these Healthy Marshmallows that I made awhile ago. Because they are a little bit of a hassle to make I always like making a huge batch so that I can freeze a half of it.
So that in an instance like now, when I need some healthy marshmallows I can just take a few out of the freezer! Because I was really tired when I decided to make this dessert (just as many of you I’m sure are! 🙂 ) I didn’t want to fuss too much with the chocolatty dough part as well. And so I baked a variation of these Healthy Berry Blender Brownies. Only instead of the mixed berries I only used the blueberries. And since it’s the Cake Balls that I was making I used more berries than I did in the original brownies recipe.What came out of the oven was the Super-Fudgy, almost puddingy cake! It was a little too fudgy to be cut up into the bars, but perfect to be mashed into the Cake Balls dough! And for an extra-bonus – they’re filled with even more healthy antioxidants than the original ones! And so… no frostings was needed! Just bake’em, mash’em and you’re good to go!
Finally I used my favorite Whole-Wheat Graham Crackers. (I know, I should make my own and I’m putting it on the list. But for now I just grabbed a box of them in my local Whole Foods. Or if you don’t have a WF close by you can also order these Crackers from Amazon).
And I’m also hoping that you’ll have as much fun as you can this weekend… Whether you’re going to watch the Big Ballgame or not!
…Because it’s the FUN part that matters the most to ensure our health and wellbeing, right? …Right! 🙂 🙂 🙂
- 1/3 batch Healthy Marshmallows*
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cooked oats
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup brown sugar*
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 oz whole wheat graham cracker crumbs or four medium-size crackers
- To make the Cake Dough Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Put all the ingredients (except for the marshmallows and the graham cracker crumbs!) in the blender and blend until everything is super-smooth and incorporated.
- Pour the brownie mixture in a brownie baking pan and bake for about 1 hour.
- When the brownies had cooled down either mash them with a fork (they'll be really soft) or blend them.
- Cut the marshmallows into 24 small pieces. Scoop a tablespoon of the brownie dough on a cutting board, make an indentation in the middle and put the marshmallow in it. Roll the dough around the marshmallow until it resembles a ball. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Grind the graham crackers to make the crumbs. Roll the cake balls in the graham cracker crumbs and... enjoy!
*I used these Healthy Marshmallows.
And here’s a little something if you’re craving yet more Healthy S’Mores…