The Healthy Thin Mint Cookies are as guiltless, low-calorie and all-natural as the cookies can be! They are also SO VERY easy to make, yet, they are crispy, delicious and decadent! You’d never tell that they are so good for you!
THE HEALTHY THIN MINT COOKIES
What is the best part about the Healthy Thin Mint Cookies?
Well… aside from everything else my favorite part is that this recipe is SO VERY EASY and quick! Just like the Healthy Pinwheel Cookies the Healthy Thin Mints are “slice-and-bake”! And let me tell you: after having made the Healthy Pinwheels, the slice-and-bake method really got me hooked up!
…For These Two Reasons:
- No cutting out, scooping out or shaping of the cookies is required! And any of that can be… somewhat messy to say the least! 🙂
- After you stick your dough is in the freezer – it’s really up to you when to bake them! You can do it in an hour after putting them in there (all it takes is an hour for the dough to harden so that you can slice it!). Or you can leave it there for a month and bake them then!
Oh, and the fact that these cookies are also so LOW-CALORIE, HEALTHY and delicious is of course another BIG reason to love them oh, SO MUCH!
Because, hey: who doesn’t want to have a cookie and eat it? If you’re a foodie just like me – I know that you do! 🙂 This is why without further ado – let’s get to the recipe, shall we? 🙂
More healthy easy cookie recipes to love:
The Healthy Thin Mint Cookies are just 84 calories each; they're all-natural, wholesome and easy to make! Yet, they're buttery, cryspy and delicious!
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup fructose sugar or 2/3 cup regular sugar
- 8 oz light cream cheese
- 2 egg whites or 1 egg
- 6 tbsp butter at room temperature
- 1 tsp mint extract or vanilla extract if you don't like the mint
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
Whip together the butter, sugar and mint extract until fluffy. Add the cream cheese and the egg whites. Mix until all the ingredients are incorporated.
WHisk together the flour, cocoa and baking powder.
Mix the flour mixture and the butter mixture together until incorporated.
Take the dough out of the bowl and roll it on a cutting board into a log (approximately 12 inch long). Wrap the the dough log tightly in plastic wrap and put it in the freezer. Chill for at least 1 hour and up to 2 months.
15 minutes before you're ready to bake your cookies, preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a cookie sheet with some parchment paper.
Unwrap the dough from the plastic and slice it with a sharp knife into 1/4 inch thick cookies. Place the cookies about 1 inch apart from each other on the cookie sheet.
Bake the cookies in the center rack of your oven for about 12-15 minutes until lightly browned. Cool on the wire racks.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container. You can also freeze them to enjoy them later!