PERFUME… A lot has been said about its power! But… there’re may still be a few “hidden” benefits of it that you may not know about… So let me tell you all about my favorite ways to use my Perfume because…
The Valentine’s Day is coming, and… Do you have any romantic plans already made?
Umm… I’m only asking because I already have some things planned for my February 14-th. So, let’s see… on my to-do list will be… taking my two boys to the Pediatrician (Gee, I so hope that the wait won’t be too long… And there’ll be no additional shots and testings!) And when we’re done with that… The 14-th is a Tuesday, right? Oh, well, then! We got an Art class, then! And I’ll need to make sure that their homework is done BEFORE we head to the class. Because then after the class I’ll have to rush them through the dinner… 🙂
Umm… yeah, I know… Maybe not all That romantic… But there’ll be lots of LOVING involved, for sure! 🙂But the reason I’m also telling you all that is because I’m sure that many of you, just like me, are too busy with their daily lives to spend hours (or even minutes on some days) prettifying themselves in front of a mirror applying all the makeup and doing their hair, etc, right?
And when everything’s done, there’re also times when we just don’t have a HEAD for such time-consuming things like makeup!
But still… I think that it’s very important to always feel like a WOMAN. Because feeling like a Woman is feeling Beautiful, and Desired, and Attractive! It IS important to me because it makes me calmer, more content and ready to spread the love! 🙂
And this is where my best girly friend comes to the rescue!
A little sprinkle of it… and you don’t feel like a kitchen rag anymore! 🙂 Instead… you feel elevated, inspired, and transformed into a true Woman – instantly!
This is why it’s really worth the effort to find your favorite scent!
And it doesn’t have to be something trendy or highly advertised! But it has to be the scent that makes YOU happy! I found that just like with the foods, our taste for the scents is also something that varies from one person to another.
To Find Your Signature Scent…
- Do I like the fresh, airy scents? Or…
- Do the sweeter scents make me happy?
- Do I like the highly-pronounced floral scents?
- Or maybe it’s something totally different, mixed up, such as one of the Chanel’s signature perfumes?
- Or maybe you like something deeper and more intense, such as YSL’s Opium?
In in few years of trying different kinds of perfume (by sampling and buying the miniatures) I’ve found that the sweet scents make me the happiest and attract me the most! When I sprinkle a bit of my sweet-scented Addict from Dior – it just gives me so much joy that lasts as long as I can still smell it! Another one that I very much like (and that’s more difficult to spot in a department stores is the Hanae Mori’s original, named Hanae. That scent… you can’t tell what it is exactly… But it’s just so… sweet and cheerful! It makes me happy!
One of my latest faves, and it’s also super-sweet (you can tell from its name) is the Candy from Prada.Finally I want to share with you some of my favorite ways to use my perfume (because there’s much more too it than just sprinkling a bit from the signature bottle)!
- Well, I do spray my favorite perfume out of the signature bottle on the regular basis! But that’s if I don’t forget to do it as I’m rushing out of the door! I always remember not to spray too much, because then, like the French say it’s a “mauvais gout” or, a “bad taste” in translation! 🙂
- I keep a few little sample bottles in my cosmetic bag. You can usually get them as part of the Gift With Purchase deals from Macy’s, Nordstrom’s and alike, and, sometimes (actually, almost anytime) you can find these little bottles for FREE in Nordstrom’s: they just lay around in the perfume section and you can fill them up with a perfume of your choice! I like to have a small bottle like this in my cosmetic bag because, yes! There’re days when I rush out of the door before being able to take that moment to spray it from the big signature bottle!
- I tear some perfume samples from the fashion magazines or the department store ad magazines. I open them to reveal the scented strip and stick them in my lingerie and clothing drawers! And it’s so nice to open a drawer like that!
- Whenever I’m in a department store I get some paper samples (and if I’m lucky, they sometimes have the little satin ribbons). I spray then with some perfume (I also like trying the new scents!) and I stick them in my bag or use them as bookmarks!