Do you know what my biggest summertime beauty challenge is?
With all the heat that makes me feel slouchy and with all the summer travels and activities, most of the time I just don’t have any time and/or energy for ANY type of a beauty-care!
But every time I want to give in, put on a pair of shorts and my sunblock (’cause no matter SPF is always the must!), I remind myself that I’ll feel so much better if I only spent just a few more minutes on my simple beauty routine!
Luckily, a summer beauty “etiquette” is the most casual of all! No matter where you go, I think that generally being fun to be around always precedes looking “put together” in the summer!
So I thought that it’d be fun to share with you my list of summer beauty essentials that don’t take much time to apply, while making a whole world of difference in the way you look (and feel!):
Summer Beauty Essentials
- OK, let me once again say that my most important summer beauty product is… Yeah, you guessed it – the sunscreen! …Because yes, I want to avoid all the sun damage that speeds up the aging and ups the chances of getting a melanoma, and yada-yada-yada – you know the drill! 🙂
- Besides, if you are going to put on a foundation, why not go for the one with the SPF’s in it? My favorite for the summer is a tinted balm because while covering some of the skin imperfections and protecting you from the sun, it still lets your skin breathe!
- If I want to take it further and make sure that my skin really looks flawless, I might us a bit of concealer to cover up an accidental zit and the redness around my nose. Also in when the sun is out it’s fun to add a bit of a highlighter to your temples as it makes your face kind of shine! 🙂 I usually skip this step unless I go out to an event. But when I do, this step only takes a minute or two, but the difference in a way I end up looking is really tremendous!
- The bronzer. OK, you’re probably reading about applying the bronzer everywhere, right? But here’s my take on it: if you got a tan or if your skin is naturally olive or dark-toned, a bronzer will definitely enhance it! But if your skin is pale like mine – I say – not the best idea! I tried it many times and it ended up looking VERY artificial! My best advice for the pale-skin girls? A peachy blush is your best friend! Peachy-gold looks will make your face look fresh and a bit sun-kissed, while still looking natural!
- Finally I think that the biggest summer-skin enemy is the dehydration! My best tip is to always keep your moisturizer around and reapply it throughout the day as your skin begins to feel dry!
It only takes a few minutes to apply a lipstick yet the bright pout makes such a big difference in a way you look! My favorites are the light stains and matte lipsticks that stay on longer and are not prone to smudging around!
Unless your brows are thick and bushy, a bit of a brow product can go a long way by framing your face really nicely!
Eye makeup takes a pretty long time to apply, but why would I even bother if I’ll be wearing my sunglasses?! In the summer I wear my sunglasses all the time, so I rarely use any eye-makeup at all!
But even when I head to a party, I still try to keep my makeup to a minimum: there’s just too big of a chance to smudge it! Most of the time a mascara is the only eye makeup I wear and along with the bright lips I don’t think that I need much more than that!
Perfume is always my favorite beauty product! It only takes a MOMENT to apply it! But it makes such a world of difference in how you feel about yourself!
While letting my hair down is one of my favorite beauty tricks, it isn’t always the best idea in the summer, especially if your hair is exposed to the strong wind!
And because a lot of times I also wear a hat my favorite hair styles are braids, pony-tails and messy buns! Feminine, easy, summery and no extra-tools needed!
Feel Your Best – Look Your Best!
OK, now that we’ve talked about all the little tricks, let’s dive a little deeper and talk about how to REALLY ensure that you’ll be your best-looking self all summer long!
I strongly believe that looking your best starts with FEELING your best! So make sure that you feel great by staying cool and drinking lots of water! Pay attention to your body and if you’re feeling overheated or overwhelmed by all the activities – just head indoors and get some rest!
Finally, my favorite advice is… do everything you can to put a smile on your face! Treat yourself for an iced coffee (or a hot one, because to me my coffee HAS to be hot to be counted as treat! 🙂 Yes, I am weird like this, but… that’s what gives ME joy! 🙂 )
And do you know what my all-favorite summery treat is? The FRO-YO! Oh, yeah! That one is the ultimate! 🙂
So… What’s your favorite summery treat? I’d Love to hear all about it! 🙂